The season ended quite some time ago, but I wanted to finish some of the anime that I started because I was curious about their ending. This fall wasn’t as disappointing as the summer and we had a few very good anime and parodies.
Since I already started to watch some of the anime of the winter season I will anticipate that I’m really excited about some of the anime.
For the first time this season I’m doing an experiment I did watch Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen with little to no knowledge about the prequel or the original visual novel.
As always I have to say that I watch the first episode of almost every anime in the season, but from this general rule I exclude anime like Itachi Shinden: Hikari to Yami, so if you don’t find an anime in this post I probably ignored it.
FIRST EPISODE ONLY
In this category there are all the anime series of the season of which I have only seen the first episode due to various reasons that I will try to explain. What I will write here is only a personal opinion I really hate judging an anime by its first episode.
- Dance with Devils: I almost wanted to continue Dance with the Devils. The first few second of the first episode where really intriguing, the dark atmosphere the art and the animations. I was ready to overlook the usual shoujo stuff but then they started to sing and I quicly lost interest.
- Hidan no Aria AA: I didn’t like Hidan no Aria so after the first episode I didn’t wanted to watch more.
- Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji: Good parody but I’m not a fan of Hokuto no Ken so I probably won’t really get most of the jokes.
- Star Mu: I have no words to describe it.
These are anime series that I watched for some episode and then abandoned.
- Lance N’ Masques: At first it was interesting but it felt repetitive and I lost the motivation to watch it.
- Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid: If you didn’t want to watch Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Burst but you wanted to see girls in little to no clothing this is the anime for you. Maybe wait for the blu-ray .
Fall anime series that I completed.
- Comet Lucifer: The series started strong with a good first episode, but the story became like many other anime. In the end there is nothing that stand out the art and animation are good, the plot is average. I want to add that I didn’t like the last episode, I understand why they that but I wanted another type of ending.
- Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou: I don’t know where to start here because I don’t understand the plot of this anime. My confusion is probably caused by the continuous jumping between past, present and future. I liked the second half of the anime, especially the build up towards the end that was excellent. The second season will air in April 2016.
- Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: I want to say that this is the usual harem/shounen type of anime, but it has potential. Unfortunately unless there is a second season that potential is completely unused.
- Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??: Second season of a good anime, art and animations are better that the first season. it’s a slice of life with no real plot. It is meant to be a relaxing anime with some comedy moments, that’s all.
- K: Return of Kings: Between this and the first series there was an improvement on the animations but the art remain almost the same. After the movie this was a good end to the series.
- One Punch Man: I admit that I didn’t like the manga, the series made me regret the decision of dropping it. Overall it’s a hilarious comedy anime with shounen elements.
- Shomin Sample: It’s the usual harem anime but I love the settings and the comedy of the anime.
- Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen: The first season was a pleasant surprise but they took everything that was good and toss it aside. The second season feels rushed with a drop in quality.
- Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan: This anime is basically the same of Gakusen Toshi Asterisk there are really not that many differences.
- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa: Interesting plot, beautiful backgrounds and the art style is gorgeous I guess someone really loves to draw bones.
- Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou: This is a good parody, they even adapted the opening.
- Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Burst: Like the first season with even more boobs and asses, I think that is the only reason to watch this anime.
- Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider: This is a perfect mystery story, it’s like reading a book. There are a few things that I didn’t like but as far as a mystery anime goes it’s really good.
- Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai: Another shounen/Harem anime this time some of the characters had a decent background story that was worth watching.
- Young Black Jack: The prequel of the famous manga Black Jack. It was a good watch. I think that if you plan to read, or already read Black Jack, this anime is worth watching.
- Aquarion Logos: As I said in the other article this is not part of the earlier Aquarion series but it can start another series with a different legend. Overall I didn’t like it even if the last few episodes where really interesting.
Anime that still will continue in the Winter season
- Haikyuu!!2: Like the first season it’s good, the first half is practice games and I think the second half will be tournament games.
- Heavy Object: At first I was thinking of dropping it, but I’m glad I kept on watching, the plot itself is a little repetitive but the characters development is really well done.
- K-S Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphan: Awesome first half of the series. Good characters, beautiful animation, perfect mecha design and really good art and an excellent opening theme. I’m looking forward to the second half.
- Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen: This is an experiment for me, I didn’t watch the prequel but I was intrigued but the art and the animation, looking online so far I didn’t miss a lot.
This season for me was a good one with a few surprises like Heavy Object and Shomin Sample. The parodies were good but only if you are a fan of the original work.
The best anime of the season for me was Subete ga F ni Naaru, the combination of the fact it’s really hard to fuck up a mystery anime and that I love mysteries made me love this anime from the third episode. I will recommend it to anyone who like classic mysteries, for the others: the characters aren’t perfect and the case isn’t the best so watch it at your own risk.
The worst anime of the season is Comet Lucifer, it seemed like a good anime at first but the last few episode were just terrible and the ending itself was hard to watch.