No anime On-Hold this season, I either completed or dropped them.
Fall anime series that I completed.
- Akuma no Riddle: At first the concept was great; you have 12 assassins that try to kill a single target to get one wish granted. So the anime itself is based on the development of the characters, which at the start of the series is fine but towards the end, in my opinion, you lose interest in the two main characters because they become boring and the situations become repetitive.
- Black Bullet: I thought I was watching a J.C.Staff’s anime, if you remember Shakugan no Shana or Hidan no Aria or many other anime then you don’t need to watch this. Black Bullet start as a decent anime but it tries to be original when the general scenario is overused, the plot and the characters seem like a copy and paste from previous anime and the animations are not that good.
- Blade & Soul: Boobs & Swords this is a good alternative title. The art and animation style is beautiful. The plot itself is confused and to be honest, I know that Alka development is the center of the anime but the amount of things that happen in a short amount of time is overwhelming.
In the end I still want to try the Blade & Soul mmorpg.
- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou: Sometimes an anime doesn’t need to be flashy to be good and this is a good example. This is a slice of life anime with romance and comedy mixed in, the story is slow paced (you don’t have a lot of plot development in a single episode), the characters are interesting and never boring, the art style is stunning (those eyes…) and of course there are a lot of funny and strange moments.
An obvious warning if you don’t like the “slice of life” genre stay away from this anime.
- Fuun Ishin Dai Shogun: There is absolutely nothing in this anime worth watching (if you exclude boobs and asses), I wanted to finish it just out of curiosity over the art/animation style. The animation style is different from any other anime, it seems like they used the puppet warp tool in Photoshop on an image to animate it, and in my opinion it looks so bad that it is almost unwatchable (but in some part is hilarious to see).
- Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?: The title translation is “Is the order a rabbit?”… SPOILER: nobody orders a rabbit and nobody eat a rabbit but there are rabbits in the anime.
It is just cute girls living their daily life with some comedy and side stories like “how my grandpa become a rabbit”.
- Hitsugi no Chaika: Chaika Chaika, Chaika Chaika Chaika! Chaika? Chaika… Chaika.
It’s not particularly good nor bad, also the line above is almost a quote, anyway you will hear that name a lot during the anime
- Isshuukan Friends: What if your friend will lose the memory of you at the end of every week? That’s the plot of the anime, a heartwarming story beautifully narrated and developed.
If I have to find a flaw in the anime it will be the ending that it feels rushed, probably due to time constraints.
- Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season: Same as the first season, the only difference is that this time it should be over (so hopefully no season 3).
- Mekakucity Actors: SHAFT art style fits the anime perfectly, I love the characters and how the story is narrated. The story seems all over the place but by the end it all makes sense (or I should say most of it makes sense)
- No Game No Life: Every conflict should be settled with a game, no more wars. Like SAO you will either love it or hate it with all your heart. I really hope that there will be a season 2.
- Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin: This anime in my opinion will fall under the category of anime that should have a sequel but will never have one… I like the characters and the story but there are a few plot holes that can’t be overlooked. Anyway it’s still a good watch.
- Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii: Nice anime, I have to say that the story is linear basically a king with a stone heart that start to soften up after he takes a princess with a totally different mindset as his future wife. Nothing special but it’s really well executed without many unnecessary side stories.
- Soul Eater Not!: Remember Soul Eater? Yes, that shounen anime and manga… well this is a prequel/spin-off, was it necessary? No… Is it good? Yes, it’s decent, it has the same type of humor of the original and if you manage to stick to it and watch trough the boring parts you will find all the similarities with its sequel.
- Nisekoi: For the people that read the manga the first season ended after the recital. In my opinion SHAFT did a great job with the adaptation and now we wait for the second season.