Anime that I will complete when I have time, or when the last episode finally airs.
- Kekkai Sensen: On hold only because the last episode is not aired yet. I think that the characters in Kekkai Sensen are similar to the ones in Baccano. The anime is almost boring in the first few episodes and then it picks up the pace, up to a fantastic episode 11, to me the final episode will decide if the anime is really good or just average. To be honest right now I want to give the lowest possible score only because the added a recap episode in a 12 episodes anime and couldn’t air the final episode which apparently will be longer than 20 minutes, why not dividing the last episode in 2 and skip the unnecessary recap?.
Fall anime series that I completed.
- Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka: This is a classic shounen with the usual harem plot, but I like it. The art style and the animations are beautiful but the story is average.
- Etotama: I like anime that make fun of themselves and this is one of them. There is everything that could be counted as comedy. The characters are funny, but sometimes they try too hard and the result is mildly annoying. I want to add that I really like the way Etotama handled the recap episode, I think that a 12 episode anime should not have one but in this case it was an actual part of the story.
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season: I love it, they did make a perfect adaptation of the visual novel (they changed some things but overall is still perfect). The last fight was fantastic and the last episode was a very welcome addition.
- Grisaia no Rakuen: This is basically the same of the first series, the only difference is that the girls are the ones that save Yuuji. One additional note: you have to watch Grisaia no Meikyuu: Caprice no Mayu before this.
- Gunslinger Stratos: The Animation: This is average at best. Personally I think that the story is awful and the characters are boring and annoying.
- Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic: A slice of life anime that I don’t particularly like but it’s cute (and that’s the best way to put it). I think that the strong point of this anime is the peaceful atmosphere that sometimes everyone needs.
- Hibike! Euphonium: KyoAni strikes again with a powerful anime, I can’t judge the music part but the story is really good, the characters are strong and unlike K-on they are focused on overcoming difficult situations (basically the focus of the anime is drama).
- High School DxD BorN: Was this a good sequel? No, just like the others… Does this have a decent end? NO, but we now have a boobs song… Does this mean that there will be another sequel? Probably yes and I will not watch it.
- Koukaku Kidoutai Arise: Alternative Architecture: I didn’t watch the movies of the arise series but I think that this is not like the Ghost in the Shell that I know and like, it feels more like Ergo Proxy, which is not a bad thing. This anime is still good and I like it, good animation and art and interesting characters.
- Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku: Really good character development with a decent story but with below average animations. Overall it’s a good anime.
- Nisekoi:: Nothing happens 2, I know that is not great but the SHAFT art style made it interesting to watch.
- Owari no Seraph: Vampires and demons in a “psychological” anime, who is the good guy and who is the bad guy, let’s find out in the second season… Jokes aside it is interesting, the characters have potential, the only problem is that feels like a giant teaser for the second season and nothing more.
- Plastic Memories: It could have been a very good anime with many surprises but they decided to go down the easy path (cliché) and ruin some interesting development. If you want to watch the usual romance anime (without ntr) watch it, for everyone else skip it.
- Punch Line: Beautiful original anime, it feels like FLCL and some situations will remind you. The pun in the title is clever. The characters are varied and interesting (like the cat… especially the cat), absolutely worth watching.
- Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku: As good as the first season, probably even better, with more character development and even more drama. I really hope that a third season is on the way but at the same time I like this finale.
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV): Nothing to add from what I said in the winter post. It’s a good anime.